A real estate agent will:
- Serve as your advocate and representative when dealing with buyers, buyers’ agents and service providers.
- Help you establish a fair asking price that also meets your goals.
- Advise you on how to present your home aesthetically to maximize its appeal to buyers.
- Design a customized marketing plan that will promote your home 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Tactics can include the MLS, direct mail campaigns, fliers, yard signs, advertising, Internet listings and open houses.
- Schedule and host open houses and home tours.
- Screen all written offers and discuss their advantages and disadvantages.
- Assist you in making counteroffers.
- Prepare your closing documents.
- Represent you at closing and mediate any last-minute obstacles to ensure a smooth, successful transaction.
- Provide referrals to proven service providers, including title companies, inspectors, appraisers, pest control, moving companies and more.
How can a real estate agent help me sell my home?
There are countless decisions to be made when selling a home, and many of them will significantly affect whether or not you make a profit and how much time it takes to sell your home. A real estate agent can offer specialized knowledge in research, marketing and negotiations to help you meet or exceed your goals. According to the National Association of REALTORS®, 82 percent of home sales are the result of agent connections.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Real estate professionals can represent the seller, the buyer or both. When agents represent both parties, it is called dual agency.